Associate Manager, Project Management, DTVRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 22362 Apply
Are you looking for a position where you have exposure to executive leadership to showcase your cross-functional collaboration skills? A position that challenges you to drive value for the business and deliver results? A position that gives you the variety of working on projects across all categories at the same time. The Associate Manager, Project Management position on the Design to Value Team is a great opportunity for this exposure and the satisfaction that comes in knowing you helped meet business goals.
As the Associate Manager, Project Management you are responsible for delivering projects with high complexity in the End-to-End (E2E) New Product Development (NPD) process. You will guide the team through the (NPD) Process, ensuring deliverables, success criteria, timing, and risk/mitigation profile is clear and executed. You will have accountability for identification of process or principal deviations, initiating trade-off and escalation discussions, and leveraging the visual performance management process to maintain project progress to goals. You will drives integration with the regional execution, aligned with business commitments. This role will lead brainstorming projects to generate cost savings and/or consumer value add ideas through the Teardown process to fuel future growth.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverage business acumen to understand market and category dynamics to optimize business results; Demonstrate SCJ Success Drivers and establish a “Mindset to Win” Culture
- Execute the technical plan and coordinates activities of functional team members to execute validation test plans that will meet commitments of key technical deliverables
- Influence others to drive project progress in functional area
- Model strong R&D functional skills, including appropriate skills in effective communication, financial acumen, integrated risk management, project management, quality, robustness, regulation & safety, scientific rigor, and technical curiosity
- Demonstrate the ability to pivot between working with a front-end team operating in ambiguity and operating in execution
- Apply root cause analysis and problem-solving skills to identify the most critical factors that impact successful project implementation
- Draw on scientific and functional expertise to enable successful development and commercialization
- Provide consistent communication with project manager
- Apply in-depth functional knowledge to complete projects
- Participate in the PM Community of Practice
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of 6 years of experience in the development and commercialization of consumer product goods; Master’s degree candidates with at least 4 years relevant work experience; PhD candidates with 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Proven track record working with design and manufacturing partners outside the organization
- Experience working with injection molding, blow molding, and plastic component sub assembly
- Ability to create and utilize development methods and tools, such as DOEs, to solve technical problems and deliver claims
- Technical breadth and depth in product development and commercialization, global products experience, technology trends, competitive and IP landscape, systems, analytical test methods, sustainability, and leveraging external technologies
- Electrical device experience
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a clear focus on high quality and timely delivery of objectives
- Natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and is reliable, tolerant, determined, and empathic communicator
- Excellent communicator with track record of presenting ideas with courage and conviction
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to manage/manipulate large amounts of data and/or databases
- Full time
- 0-10% travel
- Office Environment
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
- Remote work is available once a week
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.