Manager, Base InnovationRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 15669 Apply
As Base Innovation Manager for Home Cleaning Disinfection, you will lead the global innovation pipeline & strategy to deliver breakthrough portfolio innovation in a prioritized GCB business. You will identify opportunities through a deep consumer understanding & will prioritize through their commercial & brand strategy foundations. Additionally, you will lead cross functional teams to deliver solutions by leveraging innovation platforms to create scalable & ownable product stories, driving impact in priority markets.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for Disinfection (Home Cleaning) innovation pipeline development & projects to deliver against an expanding GCB ambition.
- Translating unmet consumer needs into winning concepts that meet category & customer needs
- Scope, Lead & Deliver new product innovation to fuel the commercial business
- Deliver a 5Y product and marketing innovation pipeline to address consumer needs and enhance our brand equity by immersing in problems to solve and the brand North Star.
- Partner with markets/clusters in the IGP planning against local problems to solve by building and aligning global solutions with local markets and senior regional leadership.
- Understand consumer and shopper insights that drive segment priorities. Analyze, distill and make conclusions/recommendations to support business initiatives and priorities.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 5 years of relevant experience, or minimum 3 years of experience and Advanced Degree required.
- Ability to execute highly complex or specialized projects; adapts precedent and makes significant departures from traditional approaches to develop solutions.
- Experience with, and passion for, portfolio and product innovation. Distilling consumer insights into meaningful & differentiated product offerings
- Proven project leadership capability with excellent ability to work with cross functional teams is critical, and a key success driver.
- Ability to remove barriers by focusing on priorities, making timely decisions, and maximizing empowerment
- High sense of urgency to deliver winning results individually and through others
- Approach situations and processes with curiosity and open‐mindedness while applying new learnings
- Global experience/exposure is ideal, but not required.
- Prior FMCG/CPG experience preferred.
- Some travel may be required
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, child care, counseling services and more.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.