Manager, Capabilities - Safety, Health & EnvironmentRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 16005 Apply
This exciting role will develop and implement training programs for the Global Supply Chain SHE organization that are consistent, repeatable, and sustainable. Our mission is to help SCJ people achieve their full potential. This role will be an internal consultant, able to partner closely with Learning Mangers and SHE team members while executing work independently. The candidate will have a global/enterprise mindset and seek to align learning solutions to SCJ business strategy with measurable results. Key competencies and experience include instructional design, project management and execution,
The Manager, Capabilities – Safety, Health & Environment will establish and maintain the SCJ brand, standards, tools, and systems. This individual will also serve as the project leader responsible for managing consistent deployment of enterprise-wide safety, health and environmental solutions, including global manufacturing sustainability initiatives, that enable sites to comply with local legal requirements and SCJ global standards. This role supports continuous safety, health and environmental performance improvement while elevating our operating practices through ongoing project learnings and sharing of best practices. The ideal candidate requires broad, hands-on safety, health and environmental technical knowledge and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies principles of adult learning to the design and development of learning solutions.
- Understands adult learning and learner needs and is able to adjust techniques for maximum learning transfer and sustainment.
- Develop and design innovative solutions (job-aids, facilitator guides, slide decks, eLearning, web, video, interactive content, etc.) including onboarding processes for site safety, health, and environmental team members.
- Designs and delivers instructor-led workshops, e-learning and individual coaching to build organizational capability.
- Consults with regional SHE leaders to evaluate individual and organizational development needs to create and execute individual development plans.
- Gains regional and functional alignment on identified SHE projects – including all global manufacturing sustainability initiatives; develops and maintains project timelines and budgets; validates that key technical deliverables are effectively implemented; and manages resolution of identified issues or required changes.
- Conducts follow-up evaluations of completed training to evaluate and measure results to continuously improve programs
- Manages development and maintenance of global training processes to ensure required safety, health and environmental training is defined, addresses required content and is tracked to completion using the organization’s learning management system.
- Manages relationships with third-party contractors responsible for safety, health and environmental data management solutions such as incident reporting and contractor safety prequalification.
- Verifies the accuracy of safety and environmental data maintained in the company’s SHE database and prepares monthly global and regional functional updates.
- Serves as the Global Supply Chain SHE champion for the SCJ management of change process to evaluate and control potential health and safety hazards and environmental impacts associated with business activity changes.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Fire Protection, Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 7+ years of progressively responsible safety, health or environmental work experience in a global manufacturing organization
- Experience managing activities associated with OSHA’s process safety management standard, the European Seveso Directive or equivalent country-specific requirements intended to prevent the uncontrolled release of hazardous substances
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Broad safety, health and environmental technical knowledge and experience is required to effectively understand the ‘voice of the customer’ when designing competency-based training processes.
- Demonstrated project management experience to enable prioritization and management of multiple projects to completion
- Experience designing and implementing effective training and development programs
- Ability to effectively interact with others, establishing open, candid and trusting relationships to create win/win outcomes
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that permit the clear and concise transfer of information to stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience managing activities associated with OSHA’s process safety management standard, the European Seveso Directive or equivalent country-specific requirements intended to prevent the uncontrolled release of hazardous substances preferred
- Knowledge of current safety and health technologies and processes such as ergonomics risk assessments, industrial hygiene exposure assessments, electrical arc flash hazard analyses and machine safety design principles preferred
- Full-time core office hours with expectation to be available for meetings across time zones
- Up to 10% domestic may be required
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.