New Product Development (NPD) Project ManagerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 14950 Apply
- The Associate Manager, New Product Development (NPD) Project Manager is responsible for delivering projects with moderate to high complexity through our End-to-End (E2E) New Product Development (NPD) process. This position will guide global project teams through all stages of NPD Process, ensuring deliverables, success criteria, timing, and risk/mitigation profile is clear and executed.
- This role has accountability for identification of E2E execution risks, initiating trade-off and escalation discussions, and leveraging the visual performance management process to maintain project progress to goals. The Global Project Manager (GPM) drives integration of regional resources & execution aligned with business commitments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply business acumen and technical curiosity in assessing new product concepts and technology solutions, while contributing to our “mindset to win” culture at SCJ.
- Model core R&D functional skills of effective communication, financial acumen, integrated risk management, project management, quality, robustness, regulation & safety, scientific rigor, and technical curiosity
- Effectively collaborate with succinct communication to define success criteria, and drive project progress in functional area
- Define & execute development and validation plans by coordinating activities thru cross-functional teams, to achieve the technical and consumer qualification deliverables
- Demonstrate agility to pivot between working under ambiguity in the fuzzy front end of NPD cycles, to operating with execution focus during Development & Commercialization stages.
- Apply root cause analysis and problem-solving skills to identify the critical product & process design factors that impact successful project implementation
- Draw on scientific and functional expertise to guide technical teams in the successful development, commercialization, and proactive risk management activity demanded by assigned projects.
- Effectively manage project schedule and master data within our portfolio management tool (PWA)
- Provide consistent communication of progress and challenges with line manager and program stakeholders.
- Participate in and constructively contribute to the PM Community of Practice
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of 6 years of experience in the development and commercialization of consumer product goods, OR a master’s degree with at least 4 years relevant work experience
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Proven track record in leading project teams on moderate to highly complex technical and/or business challenges
- Experience working with design and manufacturing partners outside the organization, particularly involving injection molding, blow molding, and plastic component sub assembly technology
- Ability to create and utilize development methods and tools, such as DOEs, to solve technical problems and deliver against product design criteria
- Technical breadth and depth in global new product development and commercialization, technology trend monitoring, competitive and IP landscape, delivery systems, analytical test methods, sustainability, and leveraging external technologies
- Electrical device design and development experience
- A forward thinker and proactive planner, who critically assesses own performance and is reliable, tolerant, determined, and an enthusiastic team leader
- Excellent communicator with experience presenting ideas with courage and conviction
- Full time
- 0-10% travel
- Office Environment
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.