Senior Analyst, Global Accounts Receivable and Credit & CollectionsRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 14871 Apply
This position reports to the Sr. Director, Credit & Collections and AR GPO. The position assists the Sr. Director to set and achieve SCJ’s global DSO Objective, as well as establish global best practices for accounts receivable policies, procedures and controls. The position performs ad hoc analyses and supports our three international Shared Service Centers regarding our AR Trade Policy, as well as supports local subsidiaries with credit risk management best practices. In addition, the position manages our North American export collections, manages our third party global financial service provider, prepares global customer and vendor financial reviews, and delivers recommendations to achieve annual global DSO targets.
The position requires significant knowledge of how to prepare and decipher financial statements, have strong technical skills, and know how to identify and resolve issues. Qualified candidates may have the opportunity advance within SCJ’s Accounts Receivable department, or rotate to other FP&A positions within our various finance groups (e.g. brand finance, product supply finance, BP&A, sales finance, accounting or corporate treasury). The typical assignment duration is 36 months. This position is designed to give finance personnel direct exposure to customers (internal & external) and to develop a working knowledge of the order-to-cash process and working capital management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform financial analyses/credit reviews on international customers as needed and maintain relationship with third party financial service providers.
- Monitor and maintain financials on global high-risk customers utilizing third party service system.
- Perform financial risk evaluations regarding new/existing global vendors/suppliers, working in partnership with Procurement, Global Product Supply and Commercial teams to track assessments.
- Support local subsidiaries with credit best practices, customer risk management strategies, difficult collection methods, credit terms management, etc., and develop working relationships with commercial/SSC/ local finance partners.
- Maintain and improve USA export order-to-cash and credit management including order release, credit worthiness evaluation, deductions, cash application, and error mitigation.
- Perform root cause analysis on issues and participate actively in the resolution of same.
- Special projects as directed by the Sr. Director Credit & Collection, AR GPO.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- BS/BA degree (preferably in Finance or Accounting)
- Minimum of 4 years of related Credit and Accounts Receivable experience, or advanced degree with 2+ years of related experience is required
- Able to work in the United States without work authorization
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience with SAP R/3 or similar ERM tool preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong analytical capabilities in Excel.
- Results-focused, with record of issue identification and ability to influence and deliver results.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deliver on multiple deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to adapt styles across organizational levels. Multi-lingual (e.g. Spanish) would be a bonus.
- Experience in Script writing, RPA, other Automation tools is a plus.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.