Senior Associate, Data Warehouse EngineerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10868 Apply
The Senior Associate, Datawarehouse Engineer will focus on but is not limited to visualizations and predictive analytics tool sets. This role will support and provide expertise in Big Data Solutions across OS technologies. This role involves platform ownership, architecture work, platform maintenance, governance, testing, and technology evaluation. This role also includes management of AIM infrastructure projects and day to day level 3 support. The Senior Associate, BPT, Infrastructure & Operations will ensure tools are installed following best practices, perform optimally, and integrate as needed with other components and applications.
Business Process and Technology (BPT) is the technology arm of SC Johnson. BPT staff is mainly located in the US with an office in Manila, Philippines. There are about a total of 300 BPT employees worldwide. The BPT organization is comprised of seven pillars. Each pillar contributes to the overall IT success of SCJ Johnson by focusing on certain core strengths and deliveries to our business.
This position resides in the Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) pillar. Specifically, the Application Infrastructure Management (AIM) branch of I&O. This role is key in delivering and engineering solutions in partnership with other pillars in BPT. Specifically, our Global Information Management (GIM) and Application Development Maintenance and Integration (ADMI) partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for engineering and support that delivers a stable, secure Reporting and Analytics platform by ensuring availability, reliability, sustainability, and optimal performance of platform components.
- Lead and/or participate in various projects: strategic and operational initiatives.
- Lead and/or participate in developing service lifecycle strategy, roadmap and budget for the platform.
- Lead and/or participate in capacity management efforts.
- Lead and/or participate in performance management and improvement efforts.
- Assist business and technology users during requirements gathering, design, testing, and implementation phases
- Actively manage and implement continuous improvement plans for services within the portfolio.
- Provide 3rd level operational support for the Reporting and Analytics services.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate a global team will be required.
- Off-hours work for project related needs.
- Work closely with the colleagues to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Coordinate with internal teams and stakeholders on solution development that will drive technical change.
- Champion the resolution of technically significant issues affecting the platform through personal ownership.
- Develop, prioritize, and meet deliverable budgets, schedules, and scope milestones.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/STEM related field
- 4+ years of progressive experience in Database design, development or administration
- TSQL/PLSQL experience
- Experience in 3 or more technologies below as administrator/engineer:
- Natural language search technologies
- Predictive Analytics/SAS
- Microsoft PowerBI
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Performance management experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple technology areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
- Understanding of basic Networking, SSL, Kerberos, and Encryption topics
- Understanding of BI/information infrastructures including a Data Mart, Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), ETL, and/or others.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from many disciplines and with varying degrees of business and technical experience.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing, to diverse groups of people.
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage multiple priorities and work under deadlines.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.