Senior Associate, Medical Center & Registered NurseRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 20529 Apply
• Institution of care in acute and emergency situations on a continual basis in response to employee’s physical and emotional health needs, employing recognized techniques and procedures within company policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers and conducts medical screening, wellness, and health promotion programs in line with company programs and policies (e.g., biometric screenings, flu vaccinations).
- Coordinate and/or execute a variety of programs including but not limited to: pre-employment physicals, drug testing, executive physicals, pulmonary function testing, hearing conservation testing, etc. This should occur in partnership with others on the team.
- May follow up with employees to assist with medical-related issues to ensure compliance with plan of care. Contacts employees on lost time or modified duty at reasonable intervals; keeps supervisors informed of progress.
- Consultant for employees regarding international business travel by reviewing itinerary, risk, immunization requirements, general education, and prevention measures.
- Responsible for proposing, researching, planning, and implementing employee health programs as needs and trends with the SCJ workforce change over time.
- May be involved in maintaining and aggregating clinical data from multiple applications to provide information and insights that can be used to make sound business decisions and plan for future needs. This may require working collaboratively with across the medical team and other functional departments (e.g., SHE, BPT, HR, etc.).
- Act as a resource to troubleshoot issues with medical systems/applications.
- Maintains confidentiality of employee health information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines. Maintains medical files for employees, including short-term disability, worker's compensation, medical restrictions, and medical history information.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Associate Degree in Nursing (Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing a plus)
- 2 years of experience in clinical nursing including experience in occupational health, ergonomics, or safety training or within an urgent care or emergency room setting
- Registered Nurse license for Wisconsin (Illinois licensure a plus)
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) a plus
- Certification in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Working knowledge of OSHA, Workers Compensation claim management, and ADA
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively with physicians, patients, and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to engage others diplomatically and tactfully.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple projects and issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and productively.
- Strong computer skills including experience in the use of Microsoft Office or similar products and medical-related information systems.
- Full-time position
- Hours may vary to support various shifts (1st, 2nd and 3rd)
- Minimal travel
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Must be able to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
- Lift up to 20 lbs. over the head.
- Carry up to 40 lbs. a reasonable distance.
- Push/pull with 30 lbs. of force.
- Perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs. with a second person present.
- Position requires use of foot pedals on carts or machines.
- Must have functional vision, speech, and hearing.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, reach above shoulders, and twist frequently throughout the workday.
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical hazards as well as blood and body fluids; therefore, personal protective equipment must be worn as necessary.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.