Senior Associate, Registration & Regulatory ComplianceRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 22804 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
The Regulatory Compliance & Registration Senior Associate, North America (NA) Global Safety Assessment and Regulatory Affairs (GSARA) is a headquarters-based position providing regulatory support for Air Care products in the U.S. and Canada. You will play a key role in providing analysis, advice, and expertise in regulatory matters by liaising with RD&E and Marketing on project-level regulatory issues impacting the North America Air Care business; includes review and approval of formulas and finished goods, generation of Safety Data Sheets (SDS), label approvals, process and data management. You will work closely with NA Regulatory Experts on the Air Care and Home Cleaning team, will gain experience in regulatory compliance, and will build and leverage internal cross-functional networks of individuals within the Air Care business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide critical regulatory support to project teams to support product launches
- Understand and apply relevant GSARA processes
- Identify and interpret applicable US and Canadian laws, regulations and related performance standards that apply to Air Care products and their distribution
- Understand and apply label requirements for goods sold in North America
- Maintain company databases and compliance related IT tools; PLM, Trackwise, etc
- Communicate project success criteria, key findings, and regulatory impacts of project-level decisions
- Help inform project strategy, conduct risk analysis of alternate project options, and inform stakeholders of risks vs. benefits of each option
- Author required reports/submissions that are mandated by authorities to ensure uninterrupted operation
- Monitor changing regulations and policies, make recommendations to management on portfolio management
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years relevant experience in consumer, commercial, or industrial product regulatory affairs OR Master’s degree with at least 2 years relevant experience in consumer, commercial, or industrial product regulatory affairs OR a PhD
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Degree in physical sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Entomology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, etc.)
- Knowledge of ingredients/components used in consumer products
- Understanding of the product development lifecycle
- Critical thinking and data analysis skills
- Experience with SAP-based software (PLM, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for communicating with inter-department staff, clients and regulatory authorities
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and self-motivated
- Experience with VOC regulations. Knowledge of other North American regulatory issues including GHS, FHSA, FTC, or CPSC
- Strong skills in Windows-based software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of or experience generating Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Full Time
- 0- 5% travel
- Office Environment
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.