Senior Technical Specialist, ProcessingRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12363 Apply
RD&E Pest Control Repellents
The Senior Technical Specialist - Processing is responsible for a variety of functions related to formulation and processing development including batching, labeling, sample filling, and product testing to meet project needs. The position requires attention to detail, accuracy in information documentation, and flexibility to work with a cross-functional team.
- Uses processing and filling equipment to make product batches and samples
- Performs experiments and testing for core technologies – liquids, aerosols, and lotions/gels – using statistical tools like DOE
- Maintains thorough records compliant with good laboratory practices (GLP)
- Conducts product performance testing to support claims substantiation and entry of data into a database
- Conducts general lab maintenance
- Promotes the importance of safety awareness and compliance to others and maintains a clean work environment
- Coach/mentor more junior Technicians and promote technical curiosity
- Solve problems of a recurring nature
- Act as a key team resource to analyze and solve complex technical problems and deliver solutions
- Work autonomously and establish procedures and practices
- Own and drive a key process in a specialized area of responsibility
- Propose improvements to processes
- Acts as a technical expert
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience and Associates Degree or 7 years relevant experience and a high school diploma.
- PLM proficiency
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- GLP experience
- Ability to operate standard laboratory and pilot plant equipment
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full time
- Core Business Hours
- Up to 10% intermittent travel
- Pilot Plant Environment
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.