Waxdale Production Operator (PG 1) Limited/Temporary TermRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 14731 Apply
Able to monitor low tech equipment, identify problems to escalate to senior operators and maintenance. The primary goal is to work safely with a focus on teamwork towards the reduction of downtime, as well as improving efficiency and quality. Partnering with cross-functional teams is crucial to the success of an Aerosols and Liquids Operator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Runs/sets up low tech industrial equipment, such as:
- Assembling or sorting equipment
- General automated manufacturing or production equipment
- Follows equipment safety standards:
- Performs safety checks
- Uses safety devices – interlocks, e-stops, guarding
- Ensures product quality, such as:
- Supporting quality audits
- Identifying product
- Performs tasks such as:
- Supporting preventative maintenance, such as cleaning, inspecting, and lubricating equipment
- Work to maximize uptime and reduce scrap
- Complete technical training grid requirements within the allotted timeframe
- Proficient in the use and application of MS Office Suite Products
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace in accordance with SCJ policies and procedures.
- Interact professionally and make positive contributions within the team and business environment using SCJ principles.
- Comply to standard work and standard operating procedures.
- Show adaptability by performing various assignments during the shift.
- Must be available to work overtime as needed.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Demonstrated Math and Measurement skills.
- Working knowledge of Safety, Health and Environment principles and practices
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams, and independently with minimal supervision to meet operational goals
- Multitasking and running/setting up multiple low tech machines
- Effectively communicate and work in a team environment
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience in manufacturing and or production environment
- Manufacturing experience at S.C. Johnson Waxdale facility through temporary assignment
- Proficient in the use and application of MS Office Suite Products (Outlook – Calendar and Email; Word, Excel)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic hand tool skills
- Basic pneumatic and lubrication skills
- Robotics awareness
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Packaging equipment - wraparound, drop & layer product packers
- Palletizing equipment - robotic palletizing and de-palletizing
- Running filling equipment
- Running labeling, sleeving, or thermoforming equipment
- Limited/Temporary Term employment
- These positions will be on the back shift with openings 2nd, 3rd or 12 hour teams.
- Ability to complete the essential functions of the job and tolerate the ergonomic stressors of the job. This includes lifting up to forty (40) pounds, standing, sitting, walking, bending, climbing stairs and ladders, kneeling, reaching overhead, pushing, and pulling for up to eight (8) to twelve (12) hours daily
- All of ones’ time is spent in manufacturing working environment
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.