Manager, Category & Shopper Leadership - WalmartRogers, Arkansas Job ID 12044 Apply
The Category & Shopper Leadership Manager is responsible for monetizing business building insights for Walmart and SCJ. This role is expected to provide fact and insights-based solutions that drive growth for category, customer, and company. Utilizing shopper insight, opportunity identification and full understanding of products, assortment, pricing, placement, shelving, promotion, and merchandising, this role is the primary insight provider for our categories at the customer that lead to marketplace actions. This role will work closely with internal (SCJ C&SL COE & SI team, Sales, Brand, Customer Marketing) and external partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and plan category leadership solutions that deliver profitable sales growth for WMT. These solutions should include shopper and category insights across: products/ assortment (everyday/ new products/ promoted/ seasonal), placement and everyday shelving and merchandising, pricing (everyday, seasonal, and promotional), promotions and seasonal merchandising.
• Where appropriate, manage and deliver against the responsibilities of the Category Captaincy/Advisory process in partnership with the customer.
• Influence the customer by identifying specific opportunities, assist with any research and lead project to deliver category leadership solutions benefitting both customer and category.
• Influence Annual Account Business Planning at the customer, through full partnering with sales team, by providing actionable category insights and solutions that support category leadership objectives for customer, company and category.
• Identify specific research opportunities (shopper, consumer, etc.) to bring new learning to category leadership solutions.
• Execute all agreed to category leadership solutions with the customer to include success measures and detailed follow through.
• Evaluate/ monitor all customer category leadership solutions, turn analysis into recommended action and continually improve to be more effective and efficient for category and customer.
• Leverage insights and resources through the utilization of a broad range of data sources, market research findings, tools, analyses, and technology to continually bring new shopper ideas to customer and company; incorporate in all category solutions for assigned major customer(s).
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Bachelors Degree and 5+ years of experience in Category Management or Shopper Insights
• 1+ years of business analytics experience
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Identify next generation Category tools to best understand the retailer shopper and unlock category growth
• Experience in CPG and/or retail
• Experience working with syndicated data software (i.e., IRI or Nielsen) and JDA
• Experience with advanced analytics around promotional / non promotional and pricing strategy
• Experience working with Microsoft Office programs specifically Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel up to 20%
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.