Manager, Sales Account Management - HEB (Team Lead)San Antonio, Texas Job ID 11039 Apply
The H-E-B Major Account Business Manager Position is a full-time, people management role responsible for $50 Million Account which includes:
- Air Care
- Home Cleaning
- Home Storage Business
- Pest Control Business
- All Scotts MiracleGro Business
- Travel as required
- Position located in San Antonio, TX
The Account Manager is responsible for achieving and maintaining all customer standards by overseeing and directing activities of the internal sales and cross functional team. This person has management responsibility for an Analyst, Account Manager and works closely with, Retail Brokers, Category and Trade Solutions Managers (CATS), Supply Chain Managers, and Shopper Marketing Managers to ensure Customer and SCJ business objectives are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
BUILD STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIPS
- Develop a deep understanding of customers’ businesses and objectives.
- Develop approaches that align with customer strategies that position the business to shape and capitalize on emerging consumer and market trends.
- Synthesize information and translate data into useful plans that add strategic value.
- Work with Sales Account Manager to penetrate accounts in the buying, retail and operational functions by developing relationships across multiple levels of the organization, including top levels.
- Seek and work with non-compete partners to drive business growth Initiatives.
PROVIDE STRATEGY AND DIRECTION
- Stay abreast of industry trends to identify the long-term, future needs and opportunities for the business.
- Identify new business opportunities that have significant revenue and profit potential.
- Integrate and balance big picture concerns with day-to-day activities.
- Create strategies to balance short-term requirements with long range business plans.
- Pursue initiatives to capitalize on strengths and market opportunities and to counter competitive threats.
- Work directly with Customer Marketing to help build long term strategies
DEMONSTRATE COURAGE, CONFIDENCE, AND ADAPTABILITY
- Convey a strong sense of urgency and drive to closure.
- Take immediate and independent action to resolve issues or problems when they arise.
- Take decisive action in high-stakes situations, crises, or conditions of uncertainty.
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in response to constraints and adversity.
- Adapt appropriately to competing demands and shifting priorities.
CREATE EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS
- Generate innovative ideas, solutions and opportunities after analysis of critical information that has been integrated from a variety of sources.
- Critically and logically evaluate the costs, risks and benefits of alternatives before making decisions and choosing solutions.
- Make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
- Evaluate proposed investments against their projected trade-offs and benefits for SC Johnson and the customer, before making recommendations and taking action.
- Understand the customers’ business models and the key drivers that impact the customers’ P&L, from the customers’ and SC Johnson’s perspective.
- Accurately forecast major sources of cost, revenue and risk.
- Identify ways to manage risks when making financial decisions.
- Provide honest, helpful feedback to direct reports on their performance.
- Help direct reports identify and prioritize their development objectives.
- Provide useful and real time coaching.
- Develop people through training and direct organizational and team development initiatives. Maintain excellent high-performing teams and be proactive in addressing performance issues.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Minimum of 5+ years of previous account management experience and Bachelors Degree. Advanced Degree preferred.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities successfully Ability to get results with and through people who do not report directly to you or work for SCJ Ability to work effectively within a fast paced, complex, ambiguous, and changing environment Ability to build and maintain strategic relationships with customer & peers
- Ability to access, assess, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from complex data
- Demonstrated ability to manage third party resources. Proficient and thorough knowledge of all business software.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.