Associate Manager,Quality EngineeringToluca, Mexico Job ID 14500 Apply
- Implement, manage, and participate in the Quality Engineering programs aimed at preventing product safety and quality problems from occurring
- ensure that the pre-commercialization quality activities are completed
- communicate quality related information throughout the cluster
- ensure quality of products manufactured in 3PM´s though out their development
- ensure quality of materials supplied to SCJ
- identify methods and technologies to improve quality and productivity
- identify and participate in Consumer and Customer driven quality improvement projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement quality engineering/auditing methods.
- To manage the activities, practices, and procedures to ensure successful product launches.
- Make timely decisions concerning nonconforming materials, products and processes to ensure that the company meets its safety, quality and business objectives.
- Develop, implement, manage, and participate in the Quality Engineering programs aimed at preventing safety and quality problems from occurring.
- Promote the application of quality engineering, reliability engineering and preventative techniques such as statistically designed experiments throughout the entire organization.
- Assure practice of state-of-the-art quality engineering/auditing techniques to assure the design, development and launch of new or revised products.
- Develop and recommend to the Regional Americas Quality Engineering Manager the cluster´s QE annual objectives, expense, capital budgets, and changes in the composition of the group to meet strategic plan objectives.
- Contribute to the new product commercialization process.
- Provide quality system and compliance assessments of current and potential SCJ suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- The incumbent is responsible for planning, managing, and participating in the pre- and post-commercialization quality engineering/auditing activities, which include:
- use of statistical techniques to develop and improve products and processes
- testing of pre-production samples
- life tests of pre and post production devices
- FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis)
- process mapping
- control plans
- training in the quality sciences
- evaluation of production capabilities
- molds, process and product validation/qualification
- review, manage and improve KPI´s
- quality system and compliance assessments.
- Microbial assessments
- Escalated issues/GEN23/GEN28
- Responsible for practicing SCJ Safety, Health & Environment guidelines in daily work and considering Safety, Health & Environment aspects and impacts when developing plans, methods or procedures
review of consumer complaint data
- The incumbent’s efforts cause him/her to relate with a variety of departments within the company. His/her major contacts include Procurement, RD&E, Legal, Product Supply, Logistics, Marketing and others. Outside the company he/she communicates with managers and technical representatives of suppliers/3PM´s to communicate SCJ´s requirements, resolve problems and obtain information on materials and processes used in the manufacture of products, or on items and equipment used in the Quality Assurance laboratories.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in a technical discipline
- 4-6 years experience in Quality engineering or technical areas
- Reliability Engineering
- Quality Assurance systems
- Preventive Quality tools (PAPP, FMEA, Control Plans, Statistical process control, etc)
- Component and product life testing techniques and data analysis
- Quick understanding of manufacturing processes
- Microbiology and sanitary equipment and installations knowledge
- Applied Statistics
- New product development and commercialization processes
- Demonstrated understanding of product development lifecycles, design change and document change control, product and process verification and validation methodologies, and manufacturing / production process control methodologies
- Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization around design verification and validation activities; production &process controls; Corrective & Preventive Action (CAPA), consumer complaints, and product improvement activities.
- Proficiency in the areas of statistical principles and applications, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, Acceptance and Sampling, process improvement/optimization, Gage R&R measuring systems, product reliability and safety, system and product audit, product quality tools
- Excellent oral communication & report, business correspondence & procedure-writing skills.
- Change agent with energy, passion, and enthusiasm to drive change.
- Ability to multi-task and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 4-6 years in supplier quality
- Experience with high-volume consumer products
- Experience in Pharma or Automotive industry
- Preventive Quality tools (PAPP, FMEA, DOE, etc)
- Relevant Quality Engineering / Production process knowledge
- Fluent in English
- High level of integrity
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and root-cause analysis skills.
- Full Time
- Willingness to travel (up to 35%).
Will work with the highest level of compliance to Safety, Health and Environment rules and regulations