Associate Manager, Customer MarketingYokohama, Japan Job ID 1444 Apply
Summary of the role
To play a key role proactively in driving the implementation of effective marketing strategies and plans for new product in Japan to deliver sustainable business growth in regards to sales and profitability.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities
The primary role is to initiate regular and on-going business analysis to support the category in the development and monitoring of the commercialization plans and to recommend strategic responses and/or corrective actions based on the synthesis of data. Also this role is responsible for leading the development and implementation of any agreed contingency activities.
A key part of therole requires the coordination and engagement of both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the achievement of business objectives. In addition, this provides support in developing the strategic direction and plans for the Category for the Cluster in alignment with Marketing Manager,Marketing Director and General Manager in the Cluster and Marketing team in the US headquarters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the brand management initiatives translating global category strategies into local plans by channel and customers.
- Provides specific input and requirements with Marketing Manager and escalate to Marketing and Category Directors in the Global platform as part of strategic plan development for the category.
- Responsible for net sales, cost spending control, profit margin and market shares for thecategory.
- Identify and make recommendation to Marketing Manager on priorities for rollout of qualified new products recognizing resources.
- Manage New Product Development process in the companyensuring incorporation of trade related issues in the planning with the Customer Marketing (Trade Marketing) This includes identifying new product development opportunities, packaging, go-to-market strategies and ensuring account review timings are met
- Demonstration of an understanding of the wider SCJ business needs and priorities (beyond assigned category) and actively seeks to drive improvement in business processes, add value to broader business issues and seeks to identify opportunities to improve business performance and profitability.
- Degree level education or equivalent
Experience (Relevant, total number of years, describing the type of experience required)
- Japanese language capabilities (native level a must)
- English language capabilities (business level a must)
- Enough marketing knowledge and experiences
- Strong passion to drive business
- Strong leadership, communication and logical way of thinking skill
- Strong teamwork and collaboration with remote teams and stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills
- PC skills for Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint